Basic operation of Apromore

Hi

Please tell me the basic operation of Apromore.
What is the “Casse Attribute” used for when uploading files?
Moving Parallelism of Slider does not change anything. How do you use it?

A case attribute is an attribute that does not change during the execution of a case.
For example, let’s assume that you are uploading an event log of an order-to-cash process. The customer’s ID is not going to change during the execution of this process. The purchase order comes from one customer and the customer will remain the same during the whole handling of the purchase order. So “customer ID” is a case attribute.

The parallelism slider is used when you are in the BPMN view. The parallelism slider allows you to tell to Apromore how sensitive should it be to the presence of parallelism in your process. If you set it to zero, Apromore will discover zero parallel tasks. If you set it to 100, Apromore will show you all the parallelism it can find in your process.

However: if your process does not have any parallel tasks, then the parallelism slider will not change anything. Even if you set it to 100, Apromore will not find any parallelism if there is no parallelism,

For example, below I attach two screenshots of the BPMN models that Apromore discovers using the “Sepsis Cases” (an event log of a patient treatment process at a hospital in The Netherlands). If I set the parallelism slider to zero (first screenshot) there are not parallel gateways in the BPMN model:

If I set it to 50, there are two parallel gateways as shown in red in the second screenshot.

If I set it to 100 I find even more.

This Sepsis log can be found in the Example Event Logs folder in Apromore Enterprise Edition (e.g. in the trial servers). If you want to have a copy of this log, please let me know.